Central Park Rickshaw Rides: Enjoy Unrivaled Comfort and Convenience
A visit to Central Park is a vacation on your vacation—a chance to escape the crowded streets of New York City while still being right in the heart of the Big Apple.
There are a lot of options for touring the meadows and forests of Central Park. You can ride a bicycle, go on a horse and carriage ride, head out on a walking group tour, or just wander on foot at your own pace.
But there is another way to explore Central Park which combines all the best features of these alternatives: Central Park rickshaw rides!
What is a Rickshaw?
First of all, not everyone is familiar with rickshaw rides. A rickshaw is sometimes also known as a “pedicab.” It’s a wheeled vehicle for carrying passengers, pedaled by a driver like a bicycle. Rickshaw rides in Central Park have always been popular, but over recent years, they have become the preferred way for many tourists to see the park.
Why Choose Central Park Rickshaw Rides?
There are a number of reasons why rickshaw rides are the ideal way to tour Central Park:
- A rickshaw is comfortable and convenient, like a horse and carriage. It spares your feet from walking or cycling so that you have more energy to do activities around the park.
- Unlike a horse and carriage ride, a ride in a rickshaw is cost-effective. Save your money so that you can use it on some of the delicious food at restaurants around the park, or for admission to different attractions.
- You can see a lot more of the park on a rickshaw than you would if you were on foot. Considering that Central Park encompasses 1,317 square miles, you will want to see as much of it as you can on your visit.
- Your rickshaw driver is also your guide, providing you with a personalized tour of the sights. You can ask questions about anything that interests you, learning more about the park’s history. Since you are not with a large group, you can be assured that your driver will be focused exclusively on you and your party.
It’s true that Central Park rickshaw rides are most popular with tourists. But they’re such a great way to see the park that a lot of locals book them too!
How Long Are Rickshaw Rides in Central Park?
Another reason to choose rickshaw rides is flexibility. Our tours range in duration anywhere from 1-3 hours. That means that you can pick the tour which is right for you:
- 1 Hour Tour: Have just an hour to spend in Central Park, but want to see as much as you can within that short span of time? During our shortest tour, you can visit Strawberry Fields, the Dakota, Cherry Hill, and Bethesda Fountain, among other Central Park highlights. We have designed this tour so that as much as possible is packed in without feeling rushed.
- 2 Hour Tour: If you have a little more time to spend in Central Park, the 2 hour rickshaw tour may be just what you are looking for. With a whole extra hour to see the highlights of the park, you can take in sights like the Reservoir, the Belvedere Castle, and Cleopatra’s Needle.
- 3 Hour Tour: Those who are able to spend a whole afternoon relaxing and enjoying the scenery of Central Park will want to book a 3 hour rickshaw tour. This tour takes you to the Conservatory Garden, The Ravine, The Great Hill, Huddlestone Bridge, Carnegie Mansion, the Guggenheim, and more.
You select your pace, and the driver handles everything else so you can give your full attention to the beauty of the park. Whether your tour lasts 1 hour, 2, or 3, you can be sure you will lose track of time as you get swept up in the magic of your surroundings.
Book Your Central Park Rickshaw Ride Today
Ready to tour Central Park the convenient, comfortable, and affordable way, visiting far more of its attractions than you could ever see on foot? Book any of our three rickshaw rides today. Whether you are a local or a tourist, it will be an unforgettable experience!